Saturday, 24 June 2017

Week 8 - Term 2 2017

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

Let's start off with something funny.  I posted this on my FB page on Sunday afternoon:


Monday

Thankfully, it wasn't so cold today for horse riding.

Tama 3 rode bareback today. He wasn't very confident when it came to trotting. Indeed, he was rather frightened. Although we all gave encouragement, he shed a few tears. But, he kept going. 

I doubt he'll want to try that again anytime soon.

Tamāhine 2 and tama 4 showed improvement. You could feel tama 4's concentration just watching him. He is trying so hard to understand Nadia's instructions and for the most part he followed along fine. But we can all relate to when our brain feels fried from information overload. He persevered and I am so proud of him. He managed to make it to the end of his lesson without sulking or throwing the towel in. As the weeks pass, I know everything will become second nature. I know that Nadia is stepping it up because he's ready, and I think that's just neat. 

Because tama 2 rides the same horse as tama 3, he rode bareback. Tama 1 decided to take the saddle he shares with tamāhine 2 off, so that he could ride bareback also. Tamāhine 1 opted to ride with her saddle still on though. Tash said that was kei te pai; ,they were allowed to choose today, after all.

Seeing as we're on the horse-riding theme, I'll add the following because mi hermana Schere doesn't have Facebook and I wanted to know if she and the family have ever seen these wild horses:


Tonight I attended the Committee meeting for the Rotorua Highland Pipe Band. I restrained myself from raising my hand to become the Club Secretary. I've only been there five minutes. I still have loads to learn and digest, before I'm anywhere near feeling as though I'm familiar enough.

At least by attending tonight's meeting, I finally met my cousin. :)

Tuesday

We all managed to work on maths.  I sat with tamāhine 2 today working on adding three numbers. 

The little ones also had handwriting practice.  The boys definitely produce good work

I took all the kids with me to Band practice tonight. Tama 2 has decided he'd like to take a look {Yay!" mum says.} Wasn't the best night to take him. Both drum leaders were missing tonight and the chanter instructor just said to get tamāhine 1 to show him how to do the scales. Oh deary me.


Wednesday

Winter solstice.

One of my most favourite days of the year.

The big kids had TKD tonight.  

From next Wednesday they will be having Wednesday training at Ngongotaha, and, instead of starting at 6.00pm, it will be a 5.30pm kick-off instead.

The week after next they will finally have two trainings: Monday nights at Rotoma and Wednesday nights at Ngongotaha (as mentioned above).


Thursday

The morning seemed to whizz by really quickly.  The kids busied themselves with their school work straight after breakfast.

I spent most of the day doing paperwork for the business.

When I finished, we watched a movie because I totally needed to unwind. Funnily enough, I didn't receive any complaints, ha ha ha.


Friday

Briefly caught up with a friend today.  

Tamāhine 2's writing is improving, and I'm taking each little step as progress in the right direction. Gone are the days I would make her repeat. That got us nowhere. Not for tamāhine 2.

The kids spent a good chunk of today on their own activities. The boys took care of some things that needed sorting in the shed. The little ones, once they finished their school work, had loads of play because I decided to get one last task completed for the business.


Saturday

Although we accomplished the basics, I want to change things around from next week.

This week was all about organising my business day better around the school day.  As I look back over this week, I am not the least bit satisfied. We didn't accomplish as much as I had hoped with school. Far from it, in fact.

Mondays seem to be a bit of a mess once we return home from horse riding. We get in, have lunch and the kids want to play, which is fair enough. Before you know it, the time's 2 o'clock, or thereabouts. We squeeze in a subject of some sort before calling it quits. So, I think that during winter I will just have to accept Mondays won't be very academic.

Tuesdays are now like our Wednesdays whereby we are out both nights. I need to focus my attention on the business first thing in the morning and get the young ones started by no later than 10 o'clock. I can't count on starting them at 9 because quite often I'm prepping kai as well; depending on what it is we're having.

Thursdays and Fridays are the best days because we don't generally need to go out anywhere. This week just went a little bit crook because I pushed on doing some business without waiting for whaiāipo to do it on the weekend. I can at least say I have completed absolutely everything and will share the link with the accountant when she asks for it. Feels good to have done it. Considering the dreaded tax day is 7th of July, I'd like to think the accountant won't have many queries. With my system, we should be tickety-boo for next year. If all goes to plan, we can hand our books over the first week of April from now on. I just have to be vigilant and stay on top of the paperwork. Whaiāipo has to accept he can't do everything and let go of the reigns because when he is in control, it's chaos. No more of this running around like a headless chook at the last minute.


Seeing as I had a few challenges of my own this week, I will finish off this post with this clip, just in case you fancy a challenge of your own. :)


Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
 

No comments:

Post a Comment