Saturday, 8 August 2015

Time to myself

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

A few weeks ago, I was reading a kiwi post asking how we give ourselves time out from the hustle and bustle of homeschooling.  After giving it some thought, I decided it would be good for me to record what I do.

The question sat with me for a long time because, basically, I don't get away from the hustle and bustle:
  • I don't head into town with a friend for a coffee.
  • I don't take a weekend escape of any sort.
  • I don't leave the kids with their father to go off to anything for myself because he works 6-7 days a week.
  • I very rarely hold a telephone call in private.

The closest I get to time alone is:
  • Having a shower - and even then I can get interrupted, lol.
  • When the kids play outside - I count those moments as giving me a breather. :)
  • Listening to podcasts and watching either live or recorded HoAs and webinars.

    When I'm prepping kai in the afternoons, I have my laptop propped up on the workbench and listen as I work.  What I listen to these days isn't necessarily homeschool-related, but here are some of my most favourite homeschooling ones:

    Podcasts -
    Sarah Mackenzie - Read-Aloud Revival
    Pam Barnhill - Edsnapshots
    {New to podcasts} - IEWCirce Instituteihomeschoolnetwork - can choose between listening to podcast or watch HoA (shown below)
    Homeschooling IRL
Webinars -
IEWVideos from Circe Institute plus a free webinar Circe Institute

Hangouts on Air -
ihomeschoolnetworkHECOA
I know I will have left some great ones off my list, for which I will regret as soon as I hit the publish button.  Apologies to all those wonderful people who provide the encouragement, validation and comradeship I take away with me each time I tune in to their enriching broadcasts.
For myself, I am content to work within the parameters of this season in my life.


Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment