Monday, 13 July 2015

Three TKD Black Belts in the House

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

First things, first - have you noticed the favicon in the tab?  Tama 1 fixed it up.  That was his assignment from me the other day.  He tried a couple of different things, with this one looking the best.  He was well pleased to see he could do it.

- - o o O o o - -

{See what I use as a break?  It reminds me of my school days learning how to type with a fair dinkum manual typewriter.  You had to figure out where the centre was and use the backspace to centre accurately.  Plus, the limitation of what to use - no such things as clipart, emoticons or suchlike.  Nothin' automatic in them days.  
Go on!  Who remembers those days huh?!}

- - o o O o o - -

Tama 1 and tama 2 trained extra hard these past few weeks in preparation for grading yesterday. 

We have plenty of video, but unfortunately I can't put them on the blog because other individuals are seen throughout, so you'll just have to take it as a given that tama 1's nunchucks and tama 2's staff were both well received and gained passes.  Tama 1 did single- and double-nunchucks.  Maybe I'll record them practicing at home and load them on my personal FB page so family and friends can view it there.  We'll see.  I have a busy week ahead so I'll see how I go.

- - o o O o o - -

Tamāhine 1 trained along with the boys, but not quite as intense, because she was not grading this time.  She has to wait until she turns 13 before she can go for her next black belt.  So, while the boys put in their extra training, tamāhine 1 has been working on art etc.  I snapped these while she worked the other day:

Kadinsky concentric circles

- - o o O o o - - 

We squeezed in a hīkoi in the Redwoods before the weather turned last week
(photos by tama 2)
I was browsing through a couple of the poetry books at home and as I look at this next photo by tama 2, I recalled a poem by Robert Frost, and although I've used this Redwoods track countless times over the years, it's not till now that it stands out to me and my significance of trying to homeschool - and especially to homeschool my challenging kōtiro.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference - Robert Frost


Tama 4 wants to talk to every Tom, Dick and Harry and on this particular day, there were a lot of delays. :)

- - o o O o o - -

Well, this upcoming week I will be working on tama 4's exemption application.  Remember, I said I'd get it out of the way during our winter break?  He's only 5 1/2 and although I can, by rights, apply now, I am not planning on doing so - unless I write such a wicked application (hey! they've all been wickedly good!) then perhaps I'll stick it in.  My thought process is to draft it and come the end of October or very early November, add any new information that took place between now and then, and shove it in cos his birthday falls in January.  I need to do it this week while the kids have a rest from TKD.  Seeing as it's school holidays around Aotearoa, we'll take a break too.  I honestly don't know how I'm going to create a sixth one.  Trying to write something - just regurgitated with different wording! - is the challenge.  But, I'll pull a rabbit out of the hat by the end of it I guess ...

   ... I hope

          ... I wish

                     ... I better!

So, right now as I finish this wee post and juggle correspondence for the business and gather my materials to write this exemption, the kids are all playing cricket.  Tamāhine 2 ran over to help me use the laptop.  I needed someone to help me because the sun was too bright on the screen and I couldn't make head nor tail what was on the screen so she pressed the stop/go button while I held it.  Here's me thinking it was easier than using the camera, lol.  It's all of six seconds long.

Anyway, I really gotta dash.  Busy week ahead.


Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment