Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Distractions whilst working on exemption #6

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

Yesterday was a total write-off when it came to the exemption.  I did at least accomplish other mahi.  Anyway, I spent probably half the day today working on it.  I will probably get the same amount of time to work on it āpōpo so long as I don't get distracted like I did today.

Here's something I came across that the kids and I watched straight after kai tonight.  Whaiāipo didn't get home till 8 o'clock, so he missed out.


Don't ask me how I ended up on this video!  'Side-tracked Maree' - that's me!  And you'd be correct in wondering whether I tried finding more.  I sure did!!  Did I succeed? Like, nah!  Totally disappointed.


Oh hey!  Here yah go, I meant to put this photo on the last post when I was talking about TKD.  I had to sew black bands on tama 1 and tamāhine 1's jackets before grading.  They were always meant to have them, but ... yeah, well .... they're finally on there.  Check my serious face! Gotta laugh. :)


While I'm taking a break from exemption drafting, tama 1 is working on his bureau for tomorrow.  (This is his 111th bureau post!!)  He's changed his banner to coincide with what he's talking about Pluto Flyby.  I had him swap out his name with tama 1 so I could add it on here:

Here's one of the questions he's put on his Bureau:

What element is being used as the fuel for the New Horizons probe?

If you know the answer, put it in the comments, FB or Twitter me.


Last week he did his bureau about the US flag.  He's posting the answers to those questions as well, and I thought I'd briefly write something here as a reminder.

Tama 1 told us that in 1958, Robert G. Heft designed what is now the current 50-star flag of the USA as a school project and his teacher gave him a B-.  However, once the flag became a finalist in the national competition, (there were something like 1500 total designs) his teacher said the grade would be reconsidered if Congress chose the flag.  The upshot is, 17-year old Robert G. Heft won the competition, it is now the national flag, and his grade was changed to an A.

Interestingly enough, there were two other flags identical to Heft's, but because his received the most publicity (from what tama 1's research indicates) his flag won.

One last thing -

We've been adding a price to whaiāipo's lunch box recently because I've been having him on when he spends money on kai during the day. Tamāhine 1 prepped this for his kai tomorrow.

Oh, and just before I go tama 1 was talking aloud and he said that sunlight on earth is eight minutes old but the sunlight on Pluto is 5 1/2 hours old.  So, there yah go.

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment