Monday, 18 May 2015

Mid-May

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

I thought perhaps I'd show a few of the books floating round the house in recent days/passing weeks.

(None of the links are affiliated)

It's been such a long time since I've had a chance to read a book without constant interruption.  Today I picked up:



What a truly wonderful read!!  I enjoyed it thoroughly.  Tamāhine 1 is now reading it (nope! she finished it while I was writing this!) before we return it to the library.

It's been a while since I managed to read a book within a day.  I am used to interruptions, busyness and the usual "I've got lots to do."  Today I was lucky; tama 5 had a very long sleep, so I managed to just sit, relax and read with minimal interruptions.

The other day I finished the Kindle version:
I have chosen to leave the children's reading of this for a while.  I'm glad I refreshed my memory.  Can you ever imagine trying to live in hiding?  I wonder if I could?

I purchased this comic-style of her diary, which some of the kids may prefer to read:
I've begun reading:
I actually chose to start reading North and South.   Really corny reason for reading that one first; I knew that Richard Armitage (acted as Thorin Oakenshield) was cast as John Thornton in the movie (not that I have the DVDs):
There's a few others on the go, such as what I am trying to follow on the Ambleside Online with some of the children.  I always have such amazing intentions of following AO in its entirety, but with the courses tama 1 - and to a certain degree tamāhine 1 also, I haven't succeeded in my so-called ambitious attempt.  Tamāhine 1 has read a great deal of the books named on AO over the last few years, but as part of her own reading.  In other words, we've dabbled in following an AO schedule but now I would like to improve upon those attempts.

This term I'm trying to start tama 4 with AO level 1.
[I interject here] ..  We have been slow to get underway by NZ School term dates for Term 2 because the bigger kids and I have been taking a semi-break later than the "official term dates" due to the completion of ipurangi subjects not aligning with end of Term 1.
Today is the date I've chosen as the commencement date for tama 4 following AO.  He definitely finds it hard to sit still, so he had a little bit of a challenge, lol.  Tamāhine 2 even sat in with him to listen to the first story which surprised me!  She actually listened, but I only asked her a few things to narrate.  I will not place too much expectation on them to recite anything in great detail.  We can ease into it.

Tama 2 and tamāhine 1 commenced with AO level 4.  Although I could possibly have pushed them up a level, I know it is best to start here and see how we go.  Tama 1 listened to what we covered also.  I'm still trying to decide where to place tama 1.  Like his siblings, we will use this as our starting base and work out where to go in a few weeks.

Tama 1 will be busy with the EOY party week at CurrClick.  As Student Ambassador he has a few things to help out with so home studies will still be scheduled around his commitments.  We still have a French test to complete and General Science.  We've just heard that TKD is cancelled tonight.  We had already sat down to dinner before finding out.  Hei aha!  We get to relax for the rest of the evening.  I've decided we'll watch The Imitation Game.

Well, I guess that's a long enough post.

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment