Saturday, 28 March 2015

Grading

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

The boys went off to grading today.  Tamāhine 1 stayed home with me and the little ones because she wasn't keen to go this time.  None of our kids were grading, but they go to tautoko the tauira who are trying to grade.  Especially when someone's going for their black belt.  The more black belts that challenge them en masse the better.

The next grading is at Mōrena (Morrinsville).  But that grading we know tama 1 and tama 2 are up for black belts.  Tama 1 goes for black belt (now that he's 13) whereas tama 2 goes for junior black belt.  Tamāhine 1 has to wait until she is 13, like her brother, to go for her black belt.  So that will make three belt kids in the house.

What a change for me.  Nearly four years of grading with me left home with young ones.  It was really nice to have her home.  But, I am looking forward to going to grading myself one of these days.  The two I have concerns with are getting a lot better, so hopefully another grading or two.  I always get a little sad when they go to gradings now because this time last year I miscarried while they were at a grading.  Sucks!  Especially seeing as I haven't fallen pregnant again yet.  I don't want to be admitting I might be getting too old.  Hang, I'll be half a century next year.  That's still young in my books.  Trouble is, after having so many miscarriages now, I'm starting to feel scared that if I do fall pregnant I'll only miscarry again.  Hate that feeling.

This is what we did during our time together ...
I took the photo using the camera on the laptop. My digital camera is on the blink.  Do you like the Easter egg I did with tamāhine 1?  Nifty huh.  I must find the link for that y'all.

We listened to the audiobook of Green Ember as we painted.

Tama 5 decided to tip out all the Lego, but it's since been cleaned up.  The others played outside every once in a while, and kept themselves amused.

Looking forward to having the menfolk home though.  They should be here very soon.

Received the upgraded TWSS from IEW today.  It looks awesome in its box!  So glad I went ahead with upgrading.

That reminds me:  Yesterday I received a letter from NZ Post.  I had to contact them about the package I'm expecting from Classical Academic Press.  I had to e-mail a copy of the invoice to Customs.  They got back to me and said it was all okay and the figure was under the amount to pay any duty.  I will have to look at their website to learn what they class as too much.  Anyway, the package will be here next week I would say.  The latest update on the tracking thingy said that it has cleared Customs.  It's just a matter of waiting for NZ Post now.  Cool bananas.

Sorry for a jumbled post.  Busy running around with the kids and enjoying the time with my big girl.

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment