Sunday, 15 March 2015

First Term

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

Tell yah one thing, I'm such a sucker for anything Latin.  You name it, I've probably either looked at it, got it, or it's on its way.  Take right now for example.  I am playing a recording from First Form Latin on the Memoria Press site.  I'm forever wanting to compare what we're doing with what else is on offer.  What a shocker I am!  Will I get it?  Maybe/Probably.

I hope to watch the Henle II recording that MP has also.  I'm only curious about Henle because I know Classical Conversations go with that nowadays, so nosey-parker Maree, just has to take a look.

There's no real need for me to look at anything else because we're rocking along kei te pai, but hey! what can I say?  LOL.  In my defence, I look at all these things because I know that there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to teaching one child to another.  I want to shop around knowing what styles there are in case I think it will better suit a child.

---ooOoo---

Tama 1's rolling along so well with Spanish, I'm left behind now.  That's so cool!!!  He has a bright future ahead of him by learning as many languages as he can right now. 

What's he got on his agenda at the minute?  Well, he has to work on his assignment for SOARS.  I've asked him to outline his strategy to complete his weekly targets which he understands will help him stay focused.  He's chosen the academic section as, unfortunately, the hands-on project required parts far outside our budget.  As I talk about it, he's since ditched it all to go play down the back, lol.  I'm happy with that.  Nothing pleases me more than kids playing outside every day.  He's well organised that I know he will pick up from where he left off when he eventually comes inside.

Tama 1 and tamāhine 1 are working on country assignments for Spanish and tama 2 is working okay with his music lessons.  Actually, I must check if I need to print out any more music sheets.  I can't ask him because he's out with whaiāipo at a job. Yep!  That means the house is getting very little work done on it this weekend.  Ho hum.

Tama 3 will have completed his reading lessons in two weeks.  His maths is going well; he's now writing expanded notation.  His writing is coming along nicely.  It's been a long, long time since I tried him with cursive writing.  However, I will not revisit that until I get his print at a stage I'm really happy with.  At the moment I am helping with where to write the letter in the middle of the line, etc.

Tamāhine 2 has now gone backwards with her reading.  Her math is kindergarten.  Her writing can be hit and miss.  She recognises a lot of the kiddy Latin.  She muddles up sounds as usual but at least she gives it a try.  She feels like she's doing a good day's work, but mum is tearing her hair out trying to figure where she's gone wrong.  So often I am left thinking that I just don't know how to help her.

Tama 4 continues to play. He knows some of the kiddy Latin.  I am not going to start anything formal with him until he is six.  He's got quite an attitude so I need to fix that first.  I will start writing his exemption when we get the winter break I think.  It helped getting onto it earlier when I did tama 4.  Time escapes so quickly I've learned in the past.

Tama 5 is definitely clever.  I am grateful I potty-trained him early.  I just wish I had done it with all of them.  Never knew it would be so easy.  Look at the nightmare with tama 4 by comparison. :)

It's after 1.00pm and the kids might possibly be heading back to the house?  Or perhaps tama 3 is just here to get something to take back down to the others ...  Whaiāipo returned home about 12.15pm.  He went upstairs but I already heard him talking to someone on his mobile, so no doubt he'll off to another job.  Koro rang to say the boys are going up to Auckland to the Eagles concert.  They went to the unveiling of the uncles plaques down at Muruika, Maori soldiers' cemetery.  I should have gone, I know, but tama 5 is too clever to know when I'm up early.  I don't like leaving him with whaiāipo in the a.m. but the p.m. is okay.  I was there in spirit though.

Anyway, I think that will do.  I will go back to watching Latin recordings and potter around with things that need doing.

Not pregnant; boo hoo.  Seems the season has changed for me but I am having a very difficult time accepting it. ...

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment