Monday, 3 March 2014

Very Small Update


Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

I'm finding it hard to get time to sit down and blog.  We have been so busy building the house, homeschooling, and of course; raising a family!  The house is going so s-l-o-w-l-y, but I am grateful for anything that is added.

One of my biggest problems with blogging is that I tend to want photos added to the blog posts.  Nothing screams, "boring!" more than a page of words.


Firstly, we didn't school over Christmas at all.  In fact, I probably gave up doing any book-work style schooling around the last time I ever wrote.

That makes documenting the end of last year easier, because we've only started back since the beginning of February.

The three older kids should have commenced 2014 with the next level Math.  BUT, because we flagged a lot of school work well before the end of the year; um, well, yeah!!!  They are now having to complete the workbooks from last year.

I can at least say that the next levels are on their way.  I purchased them late last week.  (I was NOT impressed with the postage price - let alone the increase in workbook price!  If it were anything other than MUS, you can bet your bottom dollar that I would probably have purchased from overseas direct.  I find kiwi prices just too phenomenal.  I get my nose out of joint that delivery is more expensive to rural addresses too (not that THAT is relevant in this case, but I'm throwing it in there cos I'm allowed to have a grumble every now and then! :) )

Tama 3 didn't commence his formal schooling until age six, but I have absolutely no qualms about his learning.  He's a breeze after struggling with his older sister.  He likes mathematics which is great.  He is very much like the older kids, so I know we can grow with learning with him.

Math-U-See

This week Tama 2 completed Delta, Tama 1 completed Zeta.  Their motivation?  Receiving their next leveled workbooks.  Wow!  Fancy being motivated to finish a workbook so you can start the next one?!

Tamāhine 1 is still working in Epsilon.  I think she's up to Lesson 24.

Late last week I decided to buy Primer and Alpha for tamāhine 2 and tama 3 or have it ready for tama 4. I don't think there's much in Primer that tama 3 needs to do, but I'll start with that book anyway, just to introduce school to him.

Well, that's where I have to finish today's post.  Attention wanted in a hundred directions!

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment