Friday, 26 July 2013

Looking forward to CurrClick Fall Semester classes

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

The excitement built leading up to the CurrClick Fall Open House 2013.  This much anticipated event was a success from start to finish.

Tama 1 proudly donned his CurrClick t-shirt and from Wednesday to Friday, he focused his attention on his role as Student Ambassador.
Although winter season here in Aotearoa, we were fortunate in that the Open House was scheduled during the US evening, ie  6.30pm Central.  That equates to 11.30am in New Zealand.  So, in order for tama 1 to wear a t-shirt, it was lucky that by that time of the day the sun is out and the rooms are warm. :)
Each day, tama 1 was assigned a specific task.  
He rose to the occasion and, although I could not be with him due to tama 5 grizzling just at the most inopportune moments (!), I was at least able to sneak in and ask him quietly if things were okay.
One of the best things about online classes - and Open Homes - is that I can watch the recording!  Usually events such as this will be available the following week.  Well, whenever it becomes available, I shall watch the Student Ambassador segments, together with the Open Homes I missed. 
I tried to join in as many as I could.  For example, I made a point of joining Loretta Rhodes of Lessons Worth Learning.  Most of Loretta's classes were already posted, but I hadn't seen the Geography Club so I wanted to know when that was starting again.  For anyone following my blog over the last year or so, you will have seen our family have been part of Mrs Rhodes' Geography Club since its inception (actually, don't quote me on that, I may not be correct!  oops, hmm... well, I think we have ...)

Another of our favourites, is the now Mrs. Lindsey Schwindt of Musical Thoughts.  I've been very keen to register the kids for more music classes.  There are three classes at this stage I am considering.  No doubt I will talk about those once the Fall Semester gets under way.
During Friday's session, my niece, Therese, popped out to spend the day with us.  She remained in Rotorua while her mum and dad and sister, Lizzie, drove down to the nation's capital; Whanganui-ā-Tara (Wellington).

Therese seized the moment and announced to tamāhine 1 and tama 2 that she would give them a photography lesson!!!
And! Get this!  She gave them a test!



The past fortnight has been an absolute blessing.  I am pleased beyond expression for taking an end of term break.  We all needed it.


Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Naku noa, na
 

No comments:

Post a Comment