Thursday, 7 March 2013

Little Passports and solving math - fractions

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

My plan is to use Little Passports a lot better this year.  Having received it back in ?? um, was it August or October 2012?  


The kids enjoy the activities, putting little stamps on the passport, the little keep-sakes and online games.

Tama 1 enjoys playing teacher with tamāhine 1 as assistant.

He's a good teacher alright...

Speaking of playing teacher - here's tama 1 tutoring tamāhine 1 yesterday in math ...


This was great because they worked through each step:"I got that ... I got that too ... yep, yep ... oh!!!... I see, I got my subtraction wrong!"

And away she went with the rest of her lesson.  Today she got everything correct.  Fantastic!  It's so exciting to leave the kids to figure things out themselves.

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Naku noa, na
 

No comments:

Post a Comment