Sunday, 15 July 2012

Coughs and colds can be a challenge but it was a good week nonethless

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

CurrClick
Tamāhine 1 had a busy, enjoyable and successful time in her first Oil Pastel camp.

Two days, two pastels.

Ninety minutes of non-stop drawing.

The results are fantastic.

 Day One

Taking class in PJ's
On her way out to see the doctor

Day Two

Surprisingly, the second drawing was a lot harder.  Trying to keep all the different colours from smudging into each other takes a lot of concentration.

Pilar is happy to slow down for students which is terrific.  Tamāhine 1 got a little behind at one stage, so I suggested she put the general colour and idea then go back afterward to finish off any little bits later.  (That's why the pom poms at the top aren't completed in this photo which I took immediately following class.  She worked on fixing things up later in the day.)

We will most certainly continue with Pilar come (NZ) spring time!!
We had a couple of Sick Days this week.  The two youngest had ear infections - a first for any of the kids.  Then tama 2 complained of a sore eye and tamāhine 1 said her ears have been funny on and off for a while now.  So, luckily whaiāipo already had a doctor's appointment on Thursday and we were able to slot the kids in with him.

Although everyone felt a lot better on Friday, we only did the online classes - which were plenty on their own. :o)

Well, the weekend has gone too fast I must say!!  Whaiāipo has made huge progress in the front room, (but I won't bore you with any pics this time).  He's making a great job of everything and we're all very proud of his work.  I can seriously say I am more than thrilled to see the steel beams disappear behind gibbing now!!!

I did have something else I was going to mention which was about time management, but I've stopped, started and deleted it so often that I'm not really sure how to say it now, but I'll try one more time...

Basically, I wanted to record that I spoke to the children about how I am trying to teach them time management with their school work because whether they are studying, working for an employer or managing a home and family, the ability to successfully manage their time is a learned skill.  Whether they understand that that is what they learn simply through carrying out daily tasks such as making their bed first thing in the morning or whatever, it is the habit of managing their time which will help them to become independent.

Granted, they are all very young still but already tama 1's timetable is becoming quite full, and tamāhine 1 is finding she is getting an increased load also.  This will feel like quite a challenge for them I'm sure, but that's what I'm here for - to guide and help every step of the way.

Anyway, I just wanted to record it here because as always, our blog is a great place for me to reflect on how and when things happen and as much as the last two paragraphs haven't really satisfied me with what I was trying to say, it will have to do.

I'm now gonna kick back and enjoy watching the 50th anniversary of Coronation Street.  Fifty years!!! The tram crash episode just finished and wow, it had a lot of action - definitely one of the best episodes I've ever seen.

Hari huritau ki a Aunty Adelaide.  She turned 86 yesterday - easy to remember her birthday eh!!  Bastille Day.


Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Naku noa, na
 

No comments:

Post a Comment