Monday, 18 June 2012

No Mondayitis here :)

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back

I'm more than pleased with the progress tama 1, tamāhine 1 and tama 2 are making with their math.  Here is a sample from tama 1's mahi:
There is a lot involved at tama 1's Epsilon level so I don't expect more than one or two pages maximum from him.  As you can see though, he did an awesome job.  I try not to feel bad that I gave everybody a very long break from math.  I try not to dwell on the fact that he could be finished Epsilon by now if we kept things going.  Instead I remind myself he is less than 10½.  He is doing perfectly fine - in fact, he's doing superbly!!  Tamāhine 1 and tama 2 are both doing great work also.

We spent a lot more time on Spellodrome than expected.  Ngā tamariki discovered a few more changes to the website since we last subscribed.  I didn't mind too much that they veered off having a look around.  It gave me time to get kai prepped for the crockpot.

Then we did something we haven't done in a very long, long time.  We looked at some poetry.  My copy of Harp and Laurel Wreath still looks as good as the day I bought it!!! Shock, horror!!  See what happens when you sort through all your resources!!  You discover things you forgot you had, lol.  I chose a very small piece from the very beginning of the book so that we could use it as our copywork as well as memorise.
I split physical exercise before and after lunch because one or two of the kids finished ahead of the others with their academics

The rest of the afternoon was spent on grammar.  Tama 2 spent longer on this than the other two because we tried out:
Okay, so it wasn't my intention to do the entire first lesson.  I wanted to introduce it to him and only work on a small amount, but um, well, we ended up completing the entire lesson.  It took a little while for tama 2 to settle into it, but once he was comfortable, we found we got through the entire lesson.

Well, everybody has returned home from Cubs and St John.  (Tama 2 felt pretty chuffed he was going off to his club meeting with badges sewn on his sleeve.)  We were all hoping against hope tamāhine 1 would have her St John cadet uniform tonight.  What a major disappointment.  She still doesn't have one!! :(  Them's the breaks.



Thanks for dropping by
ka kite anoreo
Naku noa, na
 

No comments:

Post a Comment