Wednesday, 13 June 2012

I'm okay with our family enjoying ngā rorohiko

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

Kura was pretty limited today.  We had 7 Days of Creation at 8 o'clock.

Check out tama 3 sitting in too!!!  He was full of very loud cheers as he watched the experiments.
Excellent class.

Then we finished breakfast and started on math.  We had an early lunch before Uncle Warrick arrived to take the three older tamariki for a hīkoi.

While they were out I tried to take a little time out for myself.  This usually entails watching something on the computer.  (Correction - listen to something as I clean.)

Today I chose to sort through clothes.  I've decided to cull things right back.  Let me tell you, I haven't been the slightest bit sentimental over anything.  Straight into a bag and bye bye!!! Feels great to see less clutter.  I'm on a roll now!!!  Tomorrow it's manchester (linen) and maybe the big kids drawers.

Anyway, while I worked, I watched/listened to an interview with Linda Hobar, author of the Mystery of History over at the Home Educating Magazine. An interesting 19 minute synopsis of Linda's workshop titled "To Grade or Not to Grade."  I was interested in taking a peek because we start MoH this spring, so I wanted to get a closer feel for who Linda Hobar is.  She certainly didn't disappoint!!
After that I decided to listen/watch a few other "Words of Wisdom from Experienced Authors and Publishers," on Life Plus Homeschooling such as the 20 minute segment called "Get Real" with Todd and Debbie Wilson.  AND 30 minutes about "Creation" with the wonderful Ken Ham (founder of Answers in Genesis) which was filmed on location at the Creation Museum.

Good way to while away my time this afternoon. 

Sometimes, I'll try to tune in to:
as well as:
Oh, I must remember to record for myself ...
Last night as I was getting the little ones off to bed, I used the Books Should Be Free audio link of the above.  I read along using The Project Gutenberg e-book.  When whaiāipo got home, I started over again and he enjoyed listening along.  The plan was to use this today with our history lesson, but due to a shorter day, we may listen to it as a family during dinner time ... speaking of which it's time to get ready to serve.


Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Naku noa, na
 

No comments:

Post a Comment