Monday, 11 June 2012

I do indeed appreciate everything he does

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

I'm very, very blessed to have always had a supportive tāne.  I can't even remember how we "discussed," or "agreed" to homeschooling.  Somehow or other, we simply fell into it naturally as if it were part and parcel of parenting.  The same can be said about letting my parents know.  They were absolutely open to the idea.  My brothers never questioned me, my friends and whānau have always said, "good on you!" My old boss and colleagues still keep tabs on me and think it's great.  I mean to say, check out how everybody rallied behind us to support tama 1 in the CurrClick Science Fair !!!  Need I say more?!!

I think the only thing people say to me is usually, "good on you!  I couldn't do it myself, but good on you."  So yeah, I'm super lucky.

As I flicked through this wee pdf I felt it was speaking to me .... I need to show appreciation for all the wonderful things whaiāipo does for our family.  He works extremely hard, but he's always stepped in to help with the children no matter what.  I realise it's speaking to the Dads, but I'm taking it as a good reminder to myself to acknowledge my whaiāipo.
Whaiāipo has never once disagreed with anything I choose to do when it's come to homeschooling.  We have always been on the same page and I guess that's been easy for me to take for granted.  We both take our roles very seriously and that's probably why it works.  Once upon a time I would have laughed and said it was because of my staunch Te Arawa side.  But no, it's simply because we want the best for the children.  The older kids had the super best start - my parents brought them up.  So, when it was time for us to look at kura, the answer was staring us in the face.  Home is the best place.  It was an unspoken acknowledgement between whaiāipo and myself that nobody could do better by our children than whaiāipo and myself.

In saying that, as soon as whaiāipo gets home tonight with tama 1, tamāhine 1 and tama 2, I will make a point of validating who he is and how much I appreciate everything he does for not only the children, but what he does for me too.

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Naku noa, na
 

No comments:

Post a Comment