Thursday, 7 June 2012

How to read a book

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

Productive school day here at Romankids Homeschool Academy.

Tamāhine 1 finished reading Pippi Longstocking.  For her next book,  I thought we might try something a little different.  I've not done this before - simply because I've always had the physical book to read.  This time, however, because we don't have the actual book I'm going to try using this:
I gave it a test run with her and she agreed it'll be pretty cool to read a book this way for a change. Certainly looked pretty neat in full screen especially. :)  Although we have plenty of other books to physically read, I just thought it might be fun to try something a little out of the ordinary for once.

Only two more sleeps till grading and we made sure we put in an hour's practice today before tonight's session.  Whaiāipo has taken tomorrow afternoon off so we can get the kai prepped early for once.  I've also made sure my regular ironing is up-to-date so that all I have to do is wash uniforms tonight and have them all pressed before day's end tomorrow.

While they are at grading, I will work on tamāhine 2's Application for Exemption.  I know, I know ... My plan was to work on it last weekend, but in all honesty, I'm happier I chose to have the big clear-out instead.  Not only have we created space but I also managed to find resources that I'd long since forgotten about which will be helpful when writing the application.

Being my fourth application, I'm wondering how I'll come up with something new and original for tamāhine 2's application.  Then again, once I get into the swing of it, I know it'll be more a case of having to trim it back, lol.  Besides, it'll be a great way for me to keep my mind occupied without worrying how tama 1, tamāhine 1 and tama 2 are doing at grading.  It's a long day waiting at home to hear from them and I always have to wait until 3pm at the earliest to get a phone call.  So yeah, this was the better weekend to choose to work on it.

If anyone out there is considering homeschooling in New Zealand, and wondering what is required to put an application together, you may wish to consider purchasing:
So I guess that about wraps up my post.  Kura was rather run-of-the-mill but we achieved what I had planned for today's lessons, so I'm satisfied with the everyone's mahi.



Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Naku noa, na
 

No comments:

Post a Comment