Saturday, 30 June 2012

Goodness!! We're halfway through the year already!!

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back,

The weather has been glorious these past few days.  Here's a few pics of the children playing touch rugby with Uncle Warrick.  The break with his split shift on Friday didn't really give enough time for a hīkoi, but he had his rugby ball in the car, so everybody was straight back outside ...




A Friday afternoon of exercise is always slotted into our weekly schedule - especially when we have early kick-offs throughout the week with online classes.

This week tamāhine 1 picked up and read:
 and also:
The Saturdays she read in just over a day and Where Lions Roar at Night only two days.  We started reading the latter many moons ago but, well, I can't remember exactly what happened but it seemed to make it's way back to the shelf ...

Anyway, I'm glad in a way she has read it now after reading the Complete Chronicles of Narnia:
because she was able to make the correlation between the two a lot more.  She has now started on:
Tama 2 finished:
and also:
He really enjoyed reading that one!! (He read it in one sitting.) No surprise seeing as he loves his martial arts.  He's very keen to learn nunchucks like tama 1 and tamāhine 1 that's for real!!! Speaking of which, tama 1 received his wooden nunchucks on Sunday just gone.  His patterns looked brilliant with the rubber ones, but golly they look fantastic with the wooden ones!!! :-)

Although Tama 1 hasn't as much time for free reading at the moment, he did decide to pick up and start reading:
He spends so much time reading his online newspapers and also reads the Scouting Handbook which he (and tama 2) will know inside-out-and-back-to-front soon enough :-)

I finally finished:
I'm now reading:
Okay, I'll leave it there for today.  I haven't quite composed in my head what I want to say about our lessons this week, but I at least wanted to record some of our reading.

I will say, however, that I am extremely grateful for the Homeschooling Supervision Allowance which we New Zealand homeschooling families receive twice yearly (towards the end of June and also mid-to-late December).  This year I have been very fortunate to use it expressly for homeschooling purposes.  To my understanding, it is not compulsory for the Ministry of Education to provide any monies whatsoever, nor is it compulsory for families to accept receiving it.  For my friends overseas who may wish to understand this more fully, please follow this link to learn more.

Anyway, whaiāipo not long got home from working and we're commencing mahi on the front room.  I do hope we manage to gib around the beams and start plastering tomorrow!!!

To help entertain the little ones, we were lucky to receive this in the mail yesterday:
Hopefully it will entertain the young ones while construction is underway this weekend.  We have absolutely very little in the way of Lego, but I managed to buy this for cheap with the Book Depository's 24 hour special last week.  I knew the pieces would be little, but they're even smaller than I imagined.  Luckily tama 4 is getting to an age where putting things in his mouth isn't such an issue anymore.  However, in saying that we are all taking turns playing with the younger ones to ensure they're safe.

Happy Birthday Warrick :)

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Naku noa, na
 

No comments:

Post a Comment