Thursday, 31 May 2012

As I watch the sun setting on the last day in May 2012

Nau mai, hoki mai, talofa lava and welcome back!

June is the month to get yourself along to The Museum of Transport and Technology: 
I won't rule it out entirely, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to get up there in June because tama 1, tamāhine 1 and tama 2 have their next TKD grading Saturday week.  We need to hire a car, prepare plenty of kai (I always do too much, but it's better to have everyone fed than worry someone's going without eh?!)  By the time we pay fees,  et cetera, we haven't much left over for a few weeks.  So yeah, in all likelihood I'm probably hoping for a bit much to get up to Tamaki Makaurau.

Well, I feel like I accomplished something today.  I finally finished watching the Latin for Teachers, sessions 1-4 presented by Karen Moore.  I'd like to watch the entire seminar, but I will need to check if it costs anything for the remaining sessions; and if so, how much.  Hei aha, I feel like I'm ready to start tama 2 with LFC anyway.
Tamāhine 1 has finished both of her Famous Five books!!  It took her less than two days to read Five Run Away Together.

She's already picked up her next book:
I think we might get a few of these American Girl stories.  "Meet Felicity" is our first one and I like the looks of the other Felicity books.  This description from this particular book: 
In Williamsburg in 1774, nine-year-old Felicity rescues a beautiful horse who is being beaten and starved by her cruel owner.
Tamāhine 1 is nine years old, so I'm hoping she might like to try this story.

Tama 2 is definitely feeling better today so he rejoined us in kura.  The math revision is really paying dividends for tamāhine 1 so I'm really pleased.  Tama 2 (having been ill for two days) picked up at lesson 2 in Gamma.  That was such an easy lesson he got the whole thing out of the way and will do the test page āpōpō.  Tama 1 completed Test 19 in Epsilon.  Tamāhine 1 revised lessons 11-15 in Delta.

I only did spelling with tamāhine 1 today.    Tama 1 worked on some Mandarin and tama 2 did quite a lot of reading and looked rather tired this afternoon so I didn't want to push him.

Everyone's handwriting looks great which is very pleasing.  We're using "Golden Link of Friendship" from CurrClick.  I use a lot of the cursive handwriting material from CurrClick. Short and sweet.  If I think they need to re-write then they will.  Sometimes they will do it again themselves if they aren't happy either.

Tomorrow tama 1 starts back with Mrs Mackin - Zoology class.  Can't wait.  I just need to make sure he gets off to bed early enough tonight following TKD practice.

Speaking of TKD, there's only three more practices before grading.  They're all excited.  My main priority is to make sure they are healthy so they can give 100% - which I know they'll do anyway.  Tama 1 and tamāhine 1 have been asked to help with instructing white belts for a number of weeks now, so that gives me a lot of confidence the entire team will do well at grading.

And just before I go, tamāhine 2 lost her first tooth this afternoon!!


Thanks for dropping by
Tofa soifua - Samoan for goodbye (or just Tofa)
ka kite ano
Naku noa, na

No comments:

Post a Comment