Wednesday, 8 June 2011

We enjoy CurrClick Book Clubs

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

The children and I are eager for this book club to start!!!  It's still a fortnight away, but we really are very keen to start.

Keen enough that we have started reading Little House in the Big Woods.

The simplicity and humbleness of the people and times are endearing qualities indeed.

Just in case you are interested in reading an article entitled, "Why Teach Laura Ingalls Wilder to Boys and Girls" By Amy Ankrum, curator of the Wilder Museum ... then follow the links to the Homeschool Magazines.com.  The article runs on pp 62-63 then over to page 69.

Okay, so that's one of the book clubs.  The special thing about this particular book club is that tama 1 and tamāhine 1 will be reading in the same group.  This makes it fun for the children as well as gives me the feeling I'm getting value for money having more than one student reading together.

Before LHOTP starts, tamāhine 1 will actually finish The Horse and His Boy.  I know that this book club will continue with the next book in the C S Lewis series - Prince Caspian.  What dates that will be held I don't know yet, but if it's a month out then kei te pai because ...

this coming Friday, tamāhine 1 commences yet another book club:  Anne of Green Gables and Little Women.

In preparation we located a copy of Anne of Green Gables at our Rotorua Library, which, by the way, now has a Facebook page!

I loved both these books when I was younger and I'm looking forward to reading them again alongside tamāhine 1.

Book Clubs are fun to share thoughts and reading experiences with others.  I'm glad I involved tamāhine 1 because she has really taken to them and I enjoy hearing her respond to someone else's questions.  I've mentioned in previous posts why I enrolled her with a book club, so I won't repeat myself for the umpteenth time today, but suffice it to say, I am so thrilled she loves her book clubs.

Okay, now that I've finished this short post about book clubs, it's time to work on tamāhine 1's project for the final class of The Horse and His Boy for next Wednesday.

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment