Monday, 2 May 2011

They say a picture tells a thousand words

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

The three eldest could hardly wait to return to St John tonight. 

When tama 1 got home, he proudly showed me his very first certificates and badges.
Typically, I picked up the phone, and rang home.  This is one of those funny poignant moments when one thinks to onself, "I'd normally be telling my mum this right now, but it's dad I'm telling instead."  Twinge of sadness as I missed my mum ... but exciting to have tama 1 tell koro and Uncle Warrick all about it.
While he talked to koro, I got out the camera and sent these photos to Uncle Craig on Skype.  The other uncles weren't online, so I'll have to catch them in the morning I guess.

Anyway, our school day went pretty well.  We finally got underway with our math lessons after I don't know how long!!!  The break must've done everyone the world of good because we had fantastic results all-round.  I'm having to re-learn fractions, but there's no harm in that eh?!

Tamāhine 1 has just about finished The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe.  We'll have the last two chapters finished before Book Club on Wednesday though.  Tama 2 seems to have taken quite a leap in his reading having taken a break from that too.  He managed to read out a number of words that I simply didn't think he'd get; so you can imagine how pleased I am with his effort today.  Tama 2 also had a little history lesson which required a little drawing, (or six).  He surprised himself at his pictures I think, which was really rather cute!!!  Tamāhine 1 practiced some guitar which she did better at once I trimmed her nails.

Um, what else?  ... Oh, the children all finished their assignments for science so we're ready for class in the morning. Everyone's looking forward to that as usual, so in reminding myself about that, I had better hit the hay so I can wake up without too much hassle.

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment