Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Trying to keep up with mahi

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

Definitely not in the mood to blog still, but I thought I'd jot down a few things ...
Hi Kiwi_BJ and family,

Congratulations! You are one of the winners of the latest Youngzine contest.
Check it out at: http://www.youngzine.com/contest/photo-caption-contest

Brag about it by forwarding the link to all your friends and family, and posting on Facebook!

- Youngzine Team
http://www.youngzine.com
I didn't feel up to taking the children to St John last night, so whaiāipo took them.  As they left, I commented that hopefully they'd have their uniforms.  When they came home tamāhine 1 and tama 2 proudly ran into the house to show their new look ...
(Not the greatest photo because the lighting is awful in our house for night photos, so the kids and I were out of sync with each other when I'd click the camera and they'd smile ... but trust me, they were beaming from ear to ear.)

We have managed to work on math, writing and reading this week.

Tama 1 and tamāhine 1 have sat down to construct their answer for last week's Egypt lesson.  We're talking about a priestess and they had fun trying to come up with a good description of who she is, looked like and role as a priestess.  We've also discussed our thoughts on the topic for the week which I hope I explained clearly enough; to tamāhine 1 especially because there were a lot of new vocabulary and terminology for her.

Tomorrow afternoon we will need to start week one's Volcano lesson.

Things are certainly out of kilter, and as much as I'm trying to take it easy I'm trying to get school work moving along.  It's a case of needing to because we have online classes to keep up with.

Tamāhine 1 enjoys her weekly guitar lesson.  The first two weeks I set the laptop upstairs, but last week we tried it downstairs.  That was because we finished our science lessons and book club therefore time isn't so rushed at 7 in the morning now.

It went well, so I think we'll continue with downstairs.  That way I can be on tap to help if she needs it.

Tamāhine  1 has started reading in preparation of the next book club class ...
One of the biggest things we MUST accomplish this week is tama 1's mythology exam.  We will do this by Thursday.  I am confident he will do well, because he is "diligent" as one of his magister said to me.  I agree entirely.

Anyway, my brain is like mush still.  I've taken my iron tablet and feel ready to rest because they zap me a bit.  Not sure if it's because I'm drained or what, but I sure feel tired now.

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment