Saturday, 9 April 2011

Try before you Buy

Nau mai, hoki mai and welcome back!

There are a few languages I am interested in learning.  Hebrew is one of them.

I probably know a maximum of 10 words at this point in time.

I've been wanting to study Judaism as part of my degree, but with the cost of studying at Massey over the past couple of years, I've had to seek cheaper, alternative subjects, which is why I chose to do my classical studies paper with the Correspondence School this year.  However, it hasn't stopped me from wanting to learn about the language, culture and religion.

I started looking for Hebrew lessons probably back in August of last year when I was weighing up options for this year's studies.

Well, any search engine I tried using would always point me towards eTeacherHebrew.com.
Having revisited this website on a number of occasions, I finally decided a few weeks ago to ask for information at the very least.

Little did I know that I can actually make a free phone call from New Zealand to speak to someone!!!!

I only found that out because on the form for information, I put down a convenient time to phone me and what d'yah know?  I had a phone call from Israel within two days -- and the very helpful person I spoke with, told me I can ring a worldwide toll-free number at any time.  Wicked.

After a great conversation I found myself signing on for the trial, and I'm now eagerly awaiting my package which should arrive in just over a fortnight.

Nota Bene:  I have chosen online learning, because with all the language learning I've done, I have better results with someone physically teaching me.  [ I have a terrible habit of always questioning my understanding from a book when studying on my own!! ]

I hope I enjoy the trial because I'd really like to continue with the entire course.  The deciding factor will be how well I understand my teacher.  It's not the cost that bothers me -- well, to a certain extent that would factor into it, of course.  As long as I feel I'm learning then I'm keen to use this format.

If you're learning Hebrew, or speak it and would like to tautoko (support) me along the way, then let me know!!

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment