Friday, 31 December 2010

Summer equals the 3 Rs

Naui mai, hoki mai

Forget the academic three Rs (reading 'riting and 'rithematic).  I'm comfortably enjoying what I've coined "the summertime 3 Rs (relaxing, reflection and remediation)"

... Actually, there's probably a lot more of the "relaxing" happening so far, lol ...

We are so spoilt this Christmas; the weather is beautiful so there's a lot of swimming and outdoorsy-type activities happening here.  For example, the three big kids have picked up the ability to swim quite naturally.  I'm hoping they will perfect turning their heads to breathe before the season ends.
So, Christmas has come and gone with New Year's only a few hours away.  That makes this post the last one for the year 2010.  Wow! Did your year seem to fly by as fast as mine?

Before I sign off though, I will quickly share my gift to whaiāipo,tama 1, tamāhine 1 and tama 2.  Earlier in the year I bought tickets to the inaugural:
Whaiāipo managed to get the afternoon off work (yay!)  The gates opened to the public at 2 o'clock, and luckily they arrived shortly thereafter.  I'm happy to report they had an absolute blast yesterday.  I stayed home with the three youngest as I didn't think they would last 7+ hours in the heat.  As much as I'd like to have made it a family affair, I chose to keep the young ones home.  A part of me really wished I was there too, but I'm thrilled they all came away with fond memories .... priceless!

I'll only add a few photos because unfortunately no one thought of the sun getting in the way as they took pictures ...

Well, as much as I should probably close off with a clever quote, parable, tale, or insightful resolution, the best I can come up with is to wish you a safe and prosperous New Year.  May you feel as as complete and happy with life as I do every day.  My family are my life and my life is my family.  Nothing material can compete with God's gift to me -- my family.

Here's to another fantastic year!!!  Thank you 2010, and HELLO 2011 !!!

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment