Friday, 23 July 2010

And the view really IS beautiful from the top of any mountain one climbs

Today marks six months since tama 4 was born, which tells me it's taken that long to do some sort of physical activity as a family! Yowza! Time flys by too quickly, nē? It's been a long time ... but finally our ENTIRE family went out for a walk last weekend. We went to an old favourite: Sulphur Point.

...Aah, life feels good when I get physical exercise...

We also FINALLY took our family up one of the local tourist attractions:
We were fortunate enough to purchase a two-year family pass for the price of one year. So now we can cruise on up whenever we feel like it.

...life feels good to be rewarded for showing loyalty, love and perseverance...

I have two reasons for why we are getting out now:

The first reason, (stand back I'm about to share) is a personal one:-

Our family has made a lot of sacrifices over the years and as the last episode in the "B-word" series nears an end, we are rewarding ourselves for having remained strong as a tight family unit throughout the financial crisis period. Soon that entire experience will be nothing more than a distant memory, so as we prepare ourselves for the final home-stretch, we begin to toast ourselves and celebrate.

The second reason, is to help me and tamāhine 2:-

It's been a slightly bitter pill to swallow; acknowledging the realisation that our daughter is very much like her mother. I'm not a social butterfly; I haven't been for a very long time. Our second tamāhine is exactly the same. And no, I haven't just come to this realisation in recent times - no, I've known it for a long time. I also know that it is because I worked for years to help whaiāipo that I lost a part of me along the way. Now I need to get it back - if not for me, then for the sake of our tamāhine. Or, if you want a shorter version: it is therapeutic for both of us.

And today, we celebrate our little man turning six months old.
He is, without doubt, a gorgeous baby! Happy 6 months old tama 4!

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous pic of not so wee man. I do not see Tamahine 2 being like her mother as a problem to be fixed. I really like her mother, in fact I love her mother

    ReplyDelete