Tuesday, 29 June 2010

Harmony

Things are gearing up with regard ownership of our home and although I'm positive everything will work out in our favour, I nevertheless have moments where I allow myself to worry about it too much.

Yesterday I had to take care of a few financial affairs, speak to a few necessary people, along with one or two other things. As the day wore on, I could tell I was starting to think too much about "things" and realised I had to relax and let it go. So, to wind down from the day's activities and get myself back to my 'happy place', I sat on the computer and ended up changing the look of this blog. Perhaps you've noticed?

As I busied myself on the computer, I got to thinking (for whatever out-of-the-blue reason) about movies. I checked what was on and decided to ask Nana Nancy and Nana Maureen if they'd be so kind as to take the three big kids to the movies (today).

And this is what they all went to see (oh, except it was the 2D not 3D) ...

The kids had a great time, so I'm hoping the Nanas will take them more often. That's one of the things I was looking forward to with my mum. Mum used to take my nieces to the movies every school holidays and I always assumed mum would be around to take our kids when they were old enough, too. Oh well ....

... Okay, so that has nothing to do with school work, and as a general rule I try hard not to share anything personal, but I threw it in anyway because I guess for the main part, it's a small example of knowing when to stop school and take a breather. Although I had the kids start their school day while I organised myself in the morning, I was so pleased to get the kids working for a short time because I'm sure I would have snapped at any one of them over the smallest thing otherwise.

As the day went in the end, though, no one was any the wiser that I was actually 'stressing' which meant I ended up having an enjoyable evening and a peaceful night's sleep.

I awoke this morning feeling brighter, happier and productive. The kids and I have enjoyed a mini-break the last couple of days. Perhaps there's a moral to my story ...
"When you feel confident your children are learning each and every day without the need for formal school work every Monday to Friday, and cut yourself some slack to deal with what life throws at you, then you understand the science of harmony."
I dunno ... pretty corny attempt huh?! lol

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

2 comments:

  1. I've been enjoying reading your blog. I have two children, 1 1/2 and 3 1/2. I don't Homeschool them, but I am involved a lot in their learning through playcentre, a montessori playgroup, and stuff we do at home. I'm keen to keep on reading :-)
    I went to she Shrek at the movies with my baby the other day and he watched the whole thing - the graphics are getting so good and the faces were so expressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying reading your blog. I have two children, 1 1/2 and 3 1/2. I don't Homeschool them, but I am involved a lot in their learning through playcentre, a montessori playgroup, and stuff we do at home. I'm keen to keep on reading :-)
    I went to see Shrek at the movies with my baby the other day and he watched the whole thing - the graphics are getting so good and the faces were so expressive.

    ReplyDelete