Wednesday, 6 January 2010

How I'm relaxing pre-new baby arrival

This morning I made sure I sat down to enjoy spending time outside with the children. Mum sitting in the shade while the kids played on their playground.

I wondered how tama 2 was able to get up on the trapeze ... and now I know ...




Kinda makes me wonder why whaiāipo and I bothered putting the trapeze higher now that I see tama 2 worked out a way to get on eh?!
It'll probably take us a while to save up enough money to buy some sand to put around the play area, but in the meantime the children seem to be coping with the dirt surface. We also want to buy some shade sails, which we can hopefully afford in a few weeks.
Both tamāhine 2 and tama 3 took a few lessons to understand how to land with this bigger slide as it has a higher drop than the smaller slide. Without sand to land softly into, they soon realised it is best to land on their feet.
This morning, I've at least made sure I've tidied up and have the laundry totally sorted so that if baby decides to introduce himself tomorrow then whaiāipo won't have to do much. I've packed clothes etc for the children to take to nana and koro's, so it's just my bag to get ready. I always leave that till the very last minute, ie when I know it's really happening.

At 2 o'clock I finally found the energy to take the Christmas decorations down.

What took a full day and more to put up, only took two hours to take down.

Another Christmas over.

Soon I will celebrate another pregnancy over.

As much as I enjoy being pregnant, seeing myself like this makes me look twice and say, "is that really me?"

No wonder I feel so heavy. (A good heavy, but nevertheless, heavy ... if you catch my drift?)


Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

1 comment:

  1. Lovely to see your kids cooperating on the playground!

    And good luck with the birth! I was there about a week and a half ago. Now it seems like we've had #4 forever!

    ReplyDelete