Thursday, 22 January 2009

Sick Day

Unfortunately the bug tamāhine 2 caught from Ngataiaroha seems to be extending to the rest of the children.

Tamāhine 2 wasn't well from around 9.30am-10 o'clock and then tama 1 felt miserable around 3 o'clock this afternoon. Tama 2 & Tama 3 appear to be okay at present. I think it's just a 24 hour bug (fingers crossed). I certainly hope so at least.

Although it took an extended length of time to accomplish, tama 1 and tamāhine 1 at least managed to complete three pages of maths (36 equations each). I am thrilled to bits that considering tamāhine 1 fell ill, she has at least grasped the double digits!! That a girl!!!

Here's two clips of tamāhine 1 working through her exercises.






Impressive huh?!

Here's another impressive kid ... tama 1 working on his triple digit exercises



And in case you're wondering what tama 2 was creating ...
body armour, using old envelopes


That was it for school today. I didn't push anyone to work on anything else as their attention span simply wasn't up to it today.

So, seeing as school was brief today, I think I'll jot down five reasons to be happy this week... I know, I know, it's been months since I did this, and yes, I realise I've dropped from ten things down to five!!! Sorry about that, but I need to give myself a break and not challenge myself with a long list.

Anyway, here we go ...

Five Reasons to be Happy this Week
  1. The children are confident in the swimming pool.
  2. It's Auckland Anniversary weekend this weekend. Yay! for long weekends!!!
  3. Friends could be shifting less than 10kms from us very, very soon!!
  4. I am working on a list of goals to achieve this year (eg exemption application for tamāhine 1, find ways to save money ...)
  5. Our goats haven't managed to get off their tethers. (I have to expand on this a little bit... our newest neighbours have started planting lots and lots of flowers etc, but they haven't got a fully-fenced section and our goats like all the neighbouring goats are clever animals and we're all wondering which goat will get off first to munch on the plants!!!)
There you go then. I think my random list isn't too bad actually, so I shall bid you adieu and chat to you (hopefully) āpōpō.

pō mārie (goodnight)

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment