Saturday, 17 January 2009

Question: How do you teach a child to swim?


Our tamariki have actually been doing a great job teaching themselves how to swim. With a few simple instructions from whaiāipo and myself, they're developing their skills through play as well as encouragement with each other to attempt things.

Normally I take the lead from others to follow a certain YouTube link, but today was the first time I tried searching for something specific ... swimming lessons to be exact. The following clips are but two videos available.

Backstroke




Treading water



Whoever invented YouTube - I thank you.

If you prefer to read instructions then you may like to take a gander at How to Teach Your Child to Swim.

Tomorrow I will share a short clip or two of our Learner Swimmers.



Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment