Points we want to remember for future review:
- A consonant blend is also called a cluster.
- What is a vowel digraph? Two vowels that, together, make one sound.
- R-controlled letter - when you put an "r" behind a vowel it usually changes the way that vowel sounds.
- The letter "r" is called a Bossy R when it forces the vowel to change its sound.
- When two words are joined together what kind of word is created? A compound word.
- In writing, what is a contraction? A single word made by adding two words together with an apostrophe. The word "won't" is an exception to the rule.
- When making a contraction with "will" and "not", replace the "ill" in "will" with an "o"
- Turn the words "will" and "not" into a contraction.
Tamāhine 1 is coming along beautifully with her reading. Today for example I was helping tama 1 and in the background I could hear tamāhine 1 reading. I don't think she realised herself how quickly she had read her sentence. I am absolutely delighted with her all-round efforts so today was very pleasing indeed.
We had a few unscheduled interruptions today, but we've managed to make good progress all the same. Tomorrow we will be out to the dentist as tamāhine 1 has an appointment so there may, or may not be a post. For all you regulars hanging out to read this mind-blowing blog, I hope you won't be too disappointed if the latter should be the case, lol.
Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano