Tuesday, 2 September 2008

Opportunities too few and far between ...

Here's the full title for today's post:

"Opportunities too few and far between ...
and when they present themselves, you don't know what to do!"

Humour me for a few minutes, because this probably isn't a problem for many others, but for me, this is a "now what do I do?" kind of moment.

This morning I gathered some work for the children, bits of stationery, some fruit and water for their journey. Tama 1, Tamaahine 1 and Tama 2 were going with whaiaaipo to Kirikiriroa (Hamilton). Whaiaaipo had an appointment at the Waikato Hospital Limb Centre. Although they hold monthly Regional Clinics at the Orthotic Department at Queen Elizabeth Hospital here in Rotorua, whaiaaipo required work on his prosthetics which can't be dealt with at the regional clinic.

Whaiaaipo's appointment can be a tediously long, drawn-out process and today is only one appointment of at least another two or three over the next few months. As such, I opted not to go this time round because it's a three hour round trip, and depending how long you have to wait, it can be either a quick one hour appointment or possibily become a long, drawn out 5 hour excursion. With littlies, that can be just too much sometimes. Although we can leave the Centre and go for a drive, whaiaaipo will require borrowing crutches should we decide to get out and go for walk anywhere. Basically, what I'm saying is, it's more hassle than it's worth so we stick to the trusted old plan ... get up to the Limb Centre as early as possible so with a bit of luck the clinic isn't busy and whaiaaipo is seen to first.

Okay, so that's the long, drawn-out process of the visit. However, my post isn't meant to be about that, it's actually about Maree feeling lost ... I'm at home with our 9 month old tama and nearly 2 year old tamaahine. Tama is asleep and tamaahine has happily amused herself for the past few hours. She's just about nodding off to sleep herself, so shortly I'll be in a quiet house. What should I do? Make a major attack on the household chores? Ride my exercycle? Do some study? Get dinner ready? Carry on clearing out the shed? Oh my goodness, I don't know what to do. I'm so used to having to get on with things with the children around, I really don't know what I'm wanting to do first! Well, whatever it is I decide, I better hurry up and make the most of this 'alone' time instead of sitting on here asking cyberspace what I should make of this peace and quiet ....

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

1 comment:

  1. Oh hope you found something to do with the free time before it passed by! It is funny to suddenly find yourself with free time when you don't normally get it.

    ReplyDelete