Thursday, 11 September 2008

Attempting to organise myself more

Early morning is the trickiest time of the day for me because I'm trying to get on with a few household chores, check emails, feed the troops as well as start the children with school work before it's suddenly lunch time, lol. Today was no exception. Quite often my attempts can backfire but luckily today I managed to achieve better results than usual.

Firstly I managed to find something for tama 1 to try his hand at on the computer while tamāhine 1 did her maths in the kitchen as I did the dishes. With a little creative thought I managed to find a way for tamāhine 1 to use Decimal Street without tamāhine 2 gaining access to the blocks. Somehow I negotiated with tamāhine 2 to entertain herself without disturbing her big sister. As for tama 2, he was determined to remain by his big brother's side to see what he was up to. It didn't matter that it was well and truly over his little head. He observed without being a distraction so that certainly helped to have the ship run smoothly for one morning at least. Tama 3 was an absolute angel. He happily played and crawled about being entertained by all the activity around him.

The rotation we tried today worked very well and I really am hopeful we can have a few more successful days like this. Luckily for me, the phone didn't ring during kura (school) time because I'm quite sure things would have been a whole lot different had it rung, lol.

Overall it was a good day's mahi (work) which is probably a good way to lead us into the ...

Ten Reasons to be Happy Thursday
  1. Our baby girl turned two years old this week and just seeing her beaming smile is enough to make me happy each day.
  2. I am happy because I have decided to put in the extra effort this weekend to catch up on my own studies. The thought of pulling out this semester is not a welcomed thought.
  3. I am happy because I have made a start on sorting through the children's clothing and the mountain of paperwork and books.
  4. I am happy because it is lighter for longer in the afternoons. It's always nice to welcome whaiāipo home in the daylight - it just makes the day seem more pleasant somehow?!
  5. I am happy because we made it through winter and the start of spring now without having to "purchase" any firewood. As luck would have it, whaiāipo was given the nod to bring free wood home from another job site today. Yeah!
  6. I am happy because I am comfortable knowing my weight has plateaued this week even though I continue to ride my exercycle for 10kms per day in 30 minutes.
  7. I am happy because I've been in contact with friends I haven't spoken to in years. There was a great deal to talk about, but I look forward to catching up more often now.
  8. I am happy my father is a retired police officer. Today the 28th New Zealand Police Officer was killed in the line of duty in South Auckland. I am VERY happy firearms weren't so prevalent during my father's career.
  9. I am happy because I have been able to sneak downstairs after everyone has fallen asleep to do some tidying up at night without tama 3 (especially) being disturbed.
  10. I am happy because we have managed to recycle quite a lot of what we cleared out during the start of our "cleaning the shed" project last weekend. With a bit of luck the weather will be kind to us again this weekend so we can achieve even more!

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a busy day, but a good one. :))

    Susan in Va

    ReplyDelete