Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Please Help: What's the Name of this Bird?

I do not pretend to know the name of many manu (birds) and here is one that I have noticed very recently. They are a pair and were difficult to photograph. These photos I took while on my exercycle in the master bedroom would you believe? I couldn't open the window without fear they'd dart off.
They have taken to perching themselves on the Sky satellite dish of all places (which, BTW, is outside the bedroom windows. Because we have mesh on the bottom windows the photo is less clear than I'd like for posting to the blog, so apologies if they aren't professional-looking photos, lol !!!!)


So, this will be interesting ... will I receive any feedback? What a blow to my ego (haa haa) if no one replies. I only know of three people who look at the blog regularly, lol.

But, no, look, in all seriousness - do you know what this bird is? I'd love to find out.



Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Maree

1 comment:

  1. At first it looked like a brown-headed cowbird, but it's not. I thought it might be a nuthatch. THEN I remembered where you live and realized I don't know what kind of birds live there! Sorry, I'm not much help. But I love to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete