Saturday, 30 August 2008

On a peaceful Saturday morning I decided to read some blogs

It's a quiet Saturday morning (well, with the exception of the children playing happily with their toys) so I thought I'd take a little time out to find myself some blogs to read. Within minutes, I couldn't resist linking two that I've found of interest so far. Firstly is Swimming-Duck: Dr. Seuss for Nursing Mommies. Pretty self-explanatory (the post). There are a number of thoughts Crystal shares on her blog, eg vaccination for one, breastfeeding for another, which I could hear myself saying 'snap' to!!! Head over and see what you think.

I actually discovered the next link on Thursday but as I've had to get in line to use the computer (ha ha), I forgot to add it to my post that day. YOU DID WHAT?: Into the West Country has some fantastic photos, especially of Stonehenge which I would love to see one day. Then I got the surprise of my life because Dorothy included photos of the Zorb. A Kiwi invention - in fact it's located less than 20 kms from us here in Rotorua. I had no idea it had made its way over to England, let alone any other country for that matter, lol. If you don't know what a Zorb is then take the link to Dorothy's blog to see. Let's just say, you've heard the expression ROFL? (Rolling on the Floor Laughing)? Well, the Zorb (in my opinion) takes it to another level ... RDHL ... rolling down the hill laughing ... literally!!!!! A crazy non-sensicle invention which we Kiwis seem to be very good at coming up with. ... I wonder why that is, then? Kiwis love adventure. Bungy Jumping and the Luge are two more Kiwi icons I can think of to throw into the conversation.

So, that's just two interesting blogs I've found this morning. It's been ages since I've had the time to sit down and try to read anyone's blog, and depending how the rest of the day pans out, I may take some more down time to try reading more blogs.

Oh, just before I go. One little plug. I've been a member of the Rotorua Freecycle yahoo group for quite a while now. In fact it was my friend who shifted to Australia who pointed me to the worldwide organisation. At that time the Rotorua branch had not long been underway, but I see this morning that there's been an influx of members (13 new members in fact ... hey, that's big in New Zealand terms! lol. Actually that's huge in Rotorua terms!!!) I think it helped that Lynda, the instigator of the Rotorua branch, was interviewed by our local newspaper in recent weeks. By virtue of the word Freecycle you would be right to assume it means just that. Anything unwanted is given away for free!!! Microwaves, fridges ... you name it.

That brings me to the end of today's post pretty much. The plan for the rest of the day is to clear out the spare room entirely. Then (grumble, groan!!) it's over to the shed to sort through whaiaipo's 'stuff'. Whatever I can recycle will be given away -> I'm sure there'll be something over in the shed that someone could use. As much as I love and adore whaiaipo, he really knows how to collect 'stuff'. [But just between you and me, I have a very different word to describe his 'stuff', lol.]

Enjoy your weekend!

Thanks for dropping
ka kite ano

No comments:

Post a Comment