Thursday, 21 August 2008

10 Reasons to be Happy Thursday

Over the past two days we have experienced the slowest internet connection speed - 14.4Kbps yesterday and a whopping 19.2Kbps today! That has meant no Reading Eggs for DD1 and DS2. As I sat here thinking about how we were losing precious "free" trial days I decided it was best to look on the bright side and from that I remembered reading something along the lines of "10 Reasons to be Happy" in our local rag (newspaper). With a bit of luck I will start to do this on a weekly basis. Most likely this is also inspired by Wordless Wednesdays which many folk do, but it's to remind myself that there's more important things to life than worrying about a slow connection speed.

Please Note: Some reasons may be deep and meaningful while others may be funny little quirky random thoughts. No rules... so here we go:

10 Reasons to be Happy Thursday
  1. Winter is nearly over.
  2. The Olympics are on, so there's something decent to watch at 3 in the morning.
  3. We have firewood.
  4. The children are healthy and happy.
  5. D-a-d isn't self-employed anymore.
  6. NZ has 9 medals at the Olympics at the time of this post.
  7. I'm back to riding 10kms in 30 minutes at least 5 days a week on my exercycle - tension 5 (out of 8 ... whatever that means!!! lol)
  8. We have Cadbury Flakes chocolate bars courtesy of d-a-d's work.
  9. We have money in the bank to the bills on time (phew! I love saving that discount with TrustPower!! lol)
  10. It's nearly the end of the week and d-a-d will be home for the weekend.
This list also had me reflect on ONE question which many people ask me "how did you cope with the financial stress?" My reply was always quite simple: I always keep life in perspective because I knew it would only be a short chapter in our life plus I always focus on being grateful for the simplest things in life.


Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano


PS: Just to let you know, as I'm about to press "Publish Post" the kids are demolishing the last of the Flakes !!!!! Oh well, it is chocolate after all, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment