Thursday, 24 July 2008

Just call me Artemis, lol

At last!!! ..... Sunshine!!!!

Don't you just love beautiful winter days? I love waking up to a frost, a near frost, or even a fog because you know you've got a great day ahead of you. Days like today I really enjoy getting up early to light the fire. Seeing (and feeling) the warmth of a fire helps get my day started. We've had plenty of wet weather lately and the only positive about rain is knowing our water tank is filling up. It's a very costly exercise to truck in water, so in that regard it's a good thing to have rain for days on end, lol.

Once the early morning chores are sorted I will usually check the Massey webct for my Magic & Witchcraft paper to see if any new discussions were posted while I've been asleep. (I put it like this because it seems as though Kiwis get online anywhere between 10pm through to about 3am!! --> when I'm definitely in my sleep mode). Anyway, one of the links provided on the course is About.com. Actually, the original link was probably something else but as usual, I click from link to link and end up at all sorts of websites!! Anyhoo, I was trying to read about Praxilla, an earthly muse bla bla bla. Somehow I ended up at another page which invited me to do the following quiz. Being the time-waster that I am, I gave it a stab.

Which Greek Goddess Are You?

I had a giggle over my results and thought I might as well share them with y'all:

You Are the Greek Goddess Artemis

You are an outdoorsy type, perhaps a tomboy, although you will have grown out of it. Modesty is important to you. You can be overly protective of those you love, willing to sacrifice anything for their well-being. You are competitive and not entirely predictable. Fortunately, you are experienced in self-defense because with your looks and preference for moonlight walks, you never know what you might need to fight.

Artemis With a hind, the "Diana of Versailles". Marble, Roman Imperial Era (1st-2nd centuries A.D.). Marie-Lan Nguyen/Wikimedia Commons.

I would have to say that for a "don't-take-it-too-seriously-type-of-quiz" it is actually quite accurate.

School didn't follow any particular route today but things were done throughout the course of the day. We had a lovely surprise visit from Uncle Warrick around 1 o'clock this afternoon. He stayed till about 4.30pm which was heaven for me as I enjoy having a break and to have that extra pair of hands whenever the opportunity arises is always gratefully accepted. Warrick always manages to step up to the plate and do whatever the kids twist his arm to do, so I truly appreciate having my family near me. He was super lovely today because he bought some lunch with him as well as little gifts for each of the kids that he'd scored from work. The kids were occupied for a very long time playing with the activities so I feel quite rejuvenated now ... thanks Warrick!!!!

Around 4 o'clock, the southerly was starting to get a lot chillier, yet nobody wanted to come back inside. I was almost tempted to bring out the motorbike, but decided it best not to as the grounds would be quite soggy still from all that rain. The kids didn't mention it (surprise! surprise!), and I know that's because they love playing with their Uncle Warrick. He's a real gem, is my brother ... actually, all my brothers are!!! I've said it before, but I'll say it again, I love my family!

Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment