Wednesday, 23 July 2008

How soon I may ride round the world

Here's a question for you. DS1 just read about King John and the Abbot. The Abbot had to answer three questions. In the end the Abbot's shepherd goes to the King and answers the questions on behalf of the Abbot.

The King's second question is this: "Tell me how soon I may ride round the world".

The answer given by the shepherd is "You must rise with the sun and you must ride with the sun until it rises again the next morning. As soon as you do that you will find that you have ridden round the world in twenty-four hours."

... What do you think that means? I was stumped for a long time over this, which can make one feel like a dunce when your son asks "what does it mean?" and you can't answer him straight away, lol.

I'll leave that with you to ponder over for a while.

I must say, I'm quite excited today as I've managed to sell another book on TradeMe (TM). Once the purchaser pays the funds, I should have just enough to buy DD1 her Alpha M-U-S Student book. As painstaking and frustrating as it is to load books on TM, it's actually my only means of making extra money, so I'm really thrilled I'll be in the position to buy it - hopefully before the end of this week with any luck!!! Actually, speaking of books, I really ought to try loading some more of our books onto My Library. It's been months since I started loading them on there!

Oh, just before I finish, I actually wanted to say thank you to anybody and everybody that has passed by our blog. I'm far too slow at noticing any comments that have been left, so albeit late, thanks for reading and I hope you find it entertaining. Our blog is really only here to record for ourselves the family's journey through homeschooling, so for anyone to take the time to actually read and find out a little about us, then I am truly humbled by your generosity to get to know us.


Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment