Monday, 21 July 2008

"Housekeeping is like being caught in a revolving door" Marcelene Cox

I saw the above quote recently and thought "oh, how true! how true indeed!"

As homeschoolers, our house is continually littered with books, toys, and anything the toddler drags out of cupboards etc. As adults, d-a-d and I probably aren't the best role models. D-A-D has tools that seem to make their way into the house and somehow remain in the house! I, myself, have textbooks, scrappy bits of paper and pens sprawled over my workstation and next to the bed. We seem to be forever tidying up, yet you'd never know it really. We no sooner have things cleared when suddenly there's a new clutter! I laugh and tell myself that one day I'll miss these times. One day, there'll just be d-a-d and me. So make the most of this clutter, enjoy it for what it means.

I'm happy with the revolving door!

Well, I've had an early start today. I was lying in bed from 4.30 am after feeding DS3 and decided to sneak downstairs to do some reading of my Magic & Witchcraft material. I wasn't too thrilled to get up being a wet winter's morn, however, I snuck out of the room only to discover DS1 and DD1 were awake also.

So we trotted downstairs, made an early breakfast and got some school in around 8 o'clock. It's now going on for 3 o'clock and I want to get back to my studies. I have an assignment due on the 4th of August which of course I've not even started. I haven't quite decided which of the two options I want to tackle. I'll share the choices with you shall I? Yeah, why not! Having such huge readership, I'm sure I'll receive loads of comments, lol. Here we go:


EITHER
1 Using ancient evidence discuss the power of words in Greek and Roman magic.
Guidelines: You will need to do some research and include examples other than those included in the Study Guide.

OR

2 Using ancient texts as examples create a Greek or Roman curse tablet or erotic charm and then provide a commentary on the features of the spell.
Guidelines: In your commentary you are expected to explain the ancient context of the magic, the agent and the victim, and the means by which the magic operates. You should cite other spells that have the same feature or use an element in a similar way, for example similies, magical words, deity names, or ritual actions that are part of the procedure. You should also explain why you selected those particular elements and how they work in the spell you have composed, based on how they fit into the spells from which you took them. Since ancient magicians adapted the traditional formulas to the specific context of the spell, the client, the situation or the target, you can also innovate. Make sure to include any oral components or ritual actions that are part of the spell as well as the inscribed or written component.


Any thoughts?

I'll let you know what I choose ...


Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment