Sunday, 18 November 2007

Ambleside Online

I've been a long time on Ambleside groups, looked at Ambleside Online umpteen dozen times, printed out screeds of information as well as started and stopped different aspects of it but without following through fully. Now, however, I've decided it's time to focus on the schedules properly and implement as much as I can. It's still very much the feeling of "where do I start?" but I truly hope to feel more confident this time next week.

So what happened with not following through? As corny as this excuse sounds I decided I needed to start Ambleside in September to coincide with the American school timetable. The main reason being I wanted to read alongside the groups with Vol 1 and Vol 5 of CM because as much as I tried to go it alone back in February, I felt lost to say the very least. Within a month or two I figured I'd start with the next 'class'. A lot of what parents were talking about, or were doing, I hadn't the foggiest idea what they were talking about. It's only now that I feel somewhat more confident with where we're at and (kind of) where we're going.

My aim now is to follow AO with more tenacity. To achieve this end will require longer visits to the Rotorua Public Library by the looks of things; to find a lot of the composers and artists etc. Speaking of the library, I'm glad I have My Account set up via their website as I managed to put my very first book "on hold" a couple of weeks ago. With Library Elf I received notice that it is now ready for pick up. Had it not been for that email reminder I probably would've forgotten all about it I think.

Isn't it great what libraries have developed to make life easier? Do you know I could even nominate to pick up items from the Mobile Library if I wanted to? That would certainly save me driving all the way into the city which is definitely a good thing.

Getting back to AO. The plan tonight/tomorrow is to set a new timetable and see how that one works. Yes, I'm quite sure it's going to take a while to find the right combination, but oh well, perseverance is the key.

Also on the list of things to do this week is to tidy my desk! What a bombshell I create these days. Gosh, gone are the days I would never finish my day with clutter. Everything had to be in its place. Granted everybody utilises the work station but argh! I wish I had more drawers and shelves.

I have to say it's been great that dad installed the shelves shown in the photo! They've made a huge difference.

Thanks dad!


Thanks for dropping by
ka kite ano
Maree

No comments:

Post a Comment